1,569,696,696,803 FBU, such is the amount of national resources and donations during the budget year against the forecasts estimated at 1,422,810,975,516 FBU, ie an achievement rate of 110%. Expenses evaluated at 1,694,575,669,728 FBU against 1,576,184,805,156 FBU planned, representing an achievement rate of 108%. This report was provided on Monday, May 23, 2022 by the Minister of Finance, Budget and Economic Planning.
Dr. Domitien Ndihokubwayo defended the bill on the settlement of the account and budget report of the Republic of Burundi for the 2020-2021 financial year which was voted by 88 votes FOR out of the 116 deputies present, i.e. 75.8% against 28 votes AGAINST, i.e. 24.2%.
The budget was executed both in revenue and in expenditure in accordance with the prescriptions of Law No. 1/13 of May 15, 2020 fixing the general budget of the Republic of Burundi, explained the member of the Government before adding that for exemptions, the amount of their achievements is 157,908,716,138 FBU compared to the budget of 18,000,000,000 FBU.
Exceeded exemptions are mainly due to the fact that it is difficult to make forecasts of:
– benefits to investors given by the API at the beginning of the financial year;
– advantages granted to diplomatic representations at the beginning of the year;
– construction and supply contracts for State services which are awarded during the financial year;
– medication orders during exercise difficult to assess;
– humanitarian actions of NGOs to be carried out during the year.
About possible irregularities, Minister Domitien Ndihokubwayo reassured. All distractions will no longer have a place with the establishment of the unified strategy for the digitization of public finances.
Source: National Assembly of Burundi